We are seeking a highly motivated PhD candidate within the framework of the research project "Information extraction from textual data for epidemiosurveillance for plant health”. The central aim of the research project is to develop corpus- and ontology-based NLP methods to acquire knowledge on plant health for epidemiosurveillance. The thesis is part of the ANR project BEYOND Building epidemiological surveillance and prophylaxis with observations both near and distant. 
The studentship will be affiliated to the laboratory MaIAGE  at Inrae research center in Jouy-en-Josas University of Paris-Saclay and to the graduate school Computer Science and MISCA group at TETIS .
For more information, please see the full announcement here:
## PhD position description
The candidate will be offered a fully funded PhD position (3 years).
- - MSc or equivalent in Computer Science
- - High level of academic English or French, both written and spoken;
- - Knowledge of Machine Learning and Natural Language Processing or commitment to acquire it;
- - Good programming skills in Python or Java (and preferably experience with deep learning tools)
- - Capacity to work as part of a team in a multidisciplinary framework.
- - Experiences of applied research to Life Science is an asset.
We offer a motivating research environment with many opportunities for in-house, national and international collaborations and with access to state-of-the-art research equipment.
It should include:
- - a CV (max 5 pages) with transcripts (Master), diplomas, internships
- - a cover letter
- - the names and contact of two referees for reference letters